Monday, July 25, 2011

Of Bachelorettes, Birthdays and Bacon!

Boy, do I have a special treat for you all this week! Last weekend, I got to spend some time with three lovely ladies as we ate, walked and talked our way around Nashville. The occasion that brought us together was a bachelorette weekend for my dear friend, Sara Beth, though we also got to celebrate a birthday (Happy Birthday, Christi!) and form some new friendships!

The Girls (a.k.a. My Assistant Bloggers and Expert Tasting Panel!)
I've known Sara Beth longer than almost anyone outside my own family, so it was great to get to catch up with her and celebrate as she begins this exciting new chapter in her life. Although she's from Indiana, she's familiar with Nashville and since her maid of honor, Victoria, is a Nashville resident, the city was a great choice for our girly weekend. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other, or catching up, but we also made time to visit a few local hotspots - which was an amazing way to experience more of Nashville's dining scene and to expand this blog's horizons with some fresh opinions and a few extra sets of tastebuds! Over the next couple of posts, I'll be sharing our views and opinions of a couple Nashville eateries, but for today, I'll leave you with a rundown of the weekend's appetizing agenda. Hopefully this will serve to whet your appetite for the more detailed descriptions to come.

We started out with an awesome brunch at the Pancake Pantry, in Hillsboro Village, followed by a stroll through Centennial Park (where we stumbled upon not one, but two weddings and an engagement photo shoot - how lucky!). Then we topped up our blood sugar levels at Gigi's Cupcakes (and by topped up, I mean overloaded..in a good way, of course) and capped out the night with a fabulous dinner at Cabana, another Hillsboro Village location. Sunday lunch was a generous spread at Demos' in downtown Nashville. I'm pretty sure I nursed a comfortable food coma for several days after visiting these delicious destinations, but now I'm excited to share my finds with all of you - even the non-Nashville readers should tune in for some appetizing photos  (taken with my ancient point-and-shoot, unfortunately) and some pithy opinions from my tasting assistants!

P.S. Okay, so the bacon part of this post title was a bit of a teaser, but I promise there will be bacon in an upcoming Nashville post - I guess all fans of smoky, meaty goodness will just have to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment