Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goodbye, Oklahoma! (Hello, Vegas!)

Well, our cupboards are bare, our things are packed and our last few days in Oklahoma have arrived.  We've only been here six months, but we've made friends and put down a few roots that we'll be sad to leave behind.  I've moved so many times in my life (this is our fourth move in one year!) that I should expect to be a professional by now, but the truth is that it's never really easy and always a little heart-breaking, even when you're ready and excited to be moving on.  One of the things I love about moving often is that I'm always traveling and my perspective is always changing.  Of course, it's important to keep that in mind during the more painful parts of the process.


By now, we've said most of our goodbyes and all that remains is to get in the car and drive.  From Oklahoma, we'll be road-tripping across the western United States to Las Vegas where we'll be on assignment for a couple of weeks (tough job, I know!).  Then it's back across the country to our new home, somewhere in Tennessee.


I'm not sure exactly what this means for the blog - apart from the fact that I'll have no kitchen (which means no baking!) for over a month - but I hope to keep up with regular posts and am eager to see what exciting travel and food finds we uncover in Las Vegas and en route.  I already have my eye on a few key stops (including Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks in Utah, the ultra-famous Bouchon Bakery, and the little-known, but utterly amazing, Lotus of Siam restaurant, in Las Vegas) which I hope to review for the blog, but there are also a few recipes and stories saved up so, even if Las Vegas turns out to disappoint, I can assure you that the blog won't be completely neglected. I'm also open to travel and food suggestions for our weeks in Vegas and our travels 'out West,' so send them if you have them!


No comments:

Post a Comment